It seems like 4 months couldn't go by fast enough. But how will we celebrate his return?
I actually made this cake last month for my friend's birthday, but didn't post it because I thought it was too simple a recipe that no one would want to make this.
But even though it was so simple, it was a great cake, and quite pretty too! I think I have found the cake to make for my boyfriend's return!
What you'll need:
-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
-4 tablespoons cocoa powder
-1/2 cup berry sugar
-1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
-2 tablespoons butter, melted
-1/2 cup milk
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 340˚F. Lightly spray a springform pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flours, cocoa powder, sugar and baking powder. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, egg, milk and vanilla. Slowly combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients util fully combined.
3. Pour mixture into the springform pan and bake for 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
4. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
5. When cool, cut into two circles and coat with the frosting. Decorate with chocolate chips and chocolate fingers.
You might also like:
Mini Easter Strawberry Layer Cake
Eggless Ovaltine Cake
Nutella Mug Cake