Monday, 20 February 2012

Easy ice cream cake donut

I just got a 6-cavity donut pan. I needed to make donuts right away.  It just had to happen.

The only problem with this plan is that I have never made donuts before.  Well I've made fried apple fritters, but I've never baked donuts, so I thought that this would be a challenge.




The thing is, I wanted to make a cake donut.  So, I cheated, and used boxed cake mixture.  I know, I know, but I was just a little lazy, and I got the package later in the evening and I didn't really want to look around my kitchen for different kinds of ingredients.  But I did add a little twist on the cake recipe.  I put melted ice cream in it.  It was eggnog ice cream, and it was delicious, but you could use any type of ice cream that you like.

What I forgot was these cake recipes made really fluffy cakes, and not the hard cake that you would want for a donut.  But, if you want a fluffy cake in the shape of a donut, this is perfect.


What you'll need:

-1 box chocolate cake mix
-2 cups ice cream, melted.
-3 eggs
-1 cup cold water

Directions:

    1.   Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray pan with cooking spray
    2.   Mix the chocolate cake mix, ice cream and water until all the lumps are gone
    3.   Mix in the eggs one by one until fully combined
    4.   Pour into pan, and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean

1 comment:

  1. This is so great! I would have never thought to put melted ice cream in cake batter. I wonder what else you can put ice cream in

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...