5 Mar 2012

White Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies

This can of pumpkin was bought way back when. During Thanksgiving. I was planning to make pumpkin pie with it. But the thing with holidays is you don't really want to be doing a whole lot. And also I bought probably 2 cheesecakes. I'm really not sure how much dessert people can handle. But if it's cheesecake, I'm going to say a lot. As I'm writing this I'm actually eating a cheesecake. For breakfast. It's great, I can't lie.




What were we talking about again? My mind wanders at the thought of cheesecake. I do have quite the sweet tooth.

But these cookies. I'm not going to lie, they barely spent the night at my house. (Maybe because it only made 12 cookies. Maybe because I love eating the batter while cooking. Maybe...) They were those cookies that stayed chewy after you baked them... Lots of people don't like that in a cookie but I LOVE it! At first I didn't want to mix white chocolate and pumpkin because I was very vanilla before: just sticking to one flavor per muffin, cookie, etc. But it was great.



What you'll need:

-3/4 cup sugar
-3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
-2 tablespoons butter, softened
-1 cup canned pumpkin
-1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 large egg
-2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-1 cup white chocolate chips


Directions:

    1.   In a large bowl, cream together the sugars, butter, and pumpkin. Add egg and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
    2.   In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
    3.   Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until the flour mixture is moist. Mix in the chocolate chips.
    4.   Preheat oven to 375˚F.
    5.   Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of the batter onto a non-stick cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the bottom of the cookies are slightly brown.
    6.   Cool on a wire rack

3 comments:

  1. These look delicious Cathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. Pumpkin cookies. I'll have to try them with white chocolate.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.