Who doesn't have a lot of apples lying around? You know what they say, an apple a day... But you know the best way eat this apple?
Oh that is right. In muffin form. Although I guess that doesn't really count since it may actually be worse for your teeth, but we'll pretend that's the way to go ;).
But I've actually tried making these muffins somewhat healthy. You see, I have noticed that I'm baking FAR too ofter (is that really a crime though? I'd like to say...no) and I've decided to make them at least without all that oil that usually comes with the muffins (or at least with the muffin recipes my friends give me. Don't get me wrong, they taste wonderful, but..)
What you'll need:
-1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
-1 cup white sugar
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 cup canned pumpkin
-1/2 cup apple sauce
-1 large apple, cored and chopped into cubes
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line muffin pans with paper liners
2. In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add the pumpkin and apple sauce and mix well.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until fully incorporated
5. Fold in the apples
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
You might also like:
Pumpkin Raisin Muffins