One cup. One full cup of butter in these bad boys. And there's more where that came from in the icing too. But they look so gosh darn cute!
The first batch..I really wanted heart shaped cookies, but unfortunately, I don't have a heart shaped cookie cutter. So I used a knife to shape each of these love cookies.
Cookie number two was for the twizzler lover. Luckily I had a cookie cutter for this (WAY too lazy to individually cut every cookie into a shape again)
Cookie number three was my excitement coming through because I just bought a super jumbo size bag of chocolate chips. It's HUGE I tell you! Barely fits in my cupboard!
Cookie number four...Well I keep getting lazier and lazier and just made tablespoon cookies, no cookie cutter required. And just topped it with coconut, maybe because my affair with coconut is one that will last till dooms day. No one I know likes coconut. Sad, but this means more for me :p
Now cookie number five. I have just discovered how much I LOVE grated chocolate. So that is what I did.
And of course, since this makes a ENORMOUS amount of cookies, I ran out of icing, so just left most of my cookies plain
Candy Sugar Cookies
What you'll need:
For the cookies:
-2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
-1 cup butter, softened
-1 1/2 cups white sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the icing:
-2 cups icing sugar
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
-1/2 teaspoon milk
-1/4 cup butter, melted
+CANDY (twizzlers, skittles, chocolate, etc..)
1. Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder until fully mixed.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients, mixing until fully incorporated.
4. Shape your cookies!! (optional)
5. Place cookies on a baking sheet (does NOT need to be sprayed, so much butter in these things) and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden. Let cool on wire racks.
6. For the icing, mix together all the ingredients with an electric mixer until completely combined. Ice cookies, and decorate with candies of your choice
You might also like:
Iced Pumpkin Cookies