22 May 2012

Chocolate filled Banana Muffins


I have a chocolate obsession.


I can't put it any differently. It seems as though my day is incomplete unless I consume at least one chocolaty concoction. Bad? Very. I will try to stop. Only...Right after this muffin.




 Now I was just going to make a plain banana muffin. But I looked at my chocolate stash (yes, I even have a stash of chocolate. In case the worst happens. They stop making chocolate overnight, and I must survive using all the chocolate I have saved up in this bag. Boy am I prepared) and I found SO many of these Lindor chocolate eggs. Like a ridiculous amount.

The thing is, I LOVE Lindor chocolate. SO much. But I reasoned that I should probably not open it and eat one because then I would eat them all in one sitting. What I did: open them, then put them in my muffins. Then everyone can enjoy them, and I won't feel guilty when I finish all the chocolate and think "WHAT HAVE I DONE!"




I must admit, this is not one of my better photos, but just to show that there indeed WAS chocolate in them, and that they were delicious.



What you'll need:

-1/4 cup milk
-1 teaspoon vinegar
-1/2 cup shortening
-1 1/2 cup sugar
-2 eggs
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-2 ripe bananas, mashed
-2 cups all purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-3/4 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-15 chocolate eggs


Directions:

    1.   Preheat the oven to 350˚F
    2.   In a small bowl, combine milk and vinegar, and let stand for at least 5 minutes to "sour"
    3.   In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla,bananas and "soured" milk and mix well. 
    4.   In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly pour this mixture in with the wet ingredients, mixing until fully incorporated.
    5.   Pour the batter into a paper lined muffin pan. Place a chocolate egg on top of each muffin, and bake for around 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.



You might also like:
Vegan Chocolate Maple Syrup Muffins 
Banana Bread 

22 comments:

  1. heehe..yes indeed there was chocolate in it and it looks yummi-licious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! I am posting a chocolate banana recipe too. Cathleen, I have that addiction too. I really start freaking out if cookies, muffins, scones or whatever stash we have is running out. If we have like 3 left, I start baking something or I simply will die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS these muffins are right up my alley. Look at all that chocolate on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum!!!!!!!i love chocolate too........this is such a good idea.love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly not bad, but very good!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you're hoarding all the chocolate in case of emergency :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. really amazing cupcakes. awesome work dear

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, that sounds wonderful!! I too have a bit of chocolate nearly every day. It is so cheering. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have the same issue. Not Lindor, they're just so incredibly moreish. The devils chocolate! These cupcake look like they're hiding and guilty secret and in reality, they are! I bet they tasted to moist and delicious.

    -Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a genius idea! I love lindt and lindor chocolate too, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this yummy muffins ! It has 2 ingredients that I can't live without ! :D Yup , Lindor's the bestest !

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have to love any muffins with a chocolate center. These look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have no chocolate eggs but feel certain that I can find a substitute because these sound delicious!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am amazed by all the colorful, flavorful and healthful dishes you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chocolate + anything = happy stomach! Great idea - nice combo of flavors here. Fun post - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so soft and yummy muffins..loved the chocolate filling :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. definetly want at leat a dozen of them

    ReplyDelete
  18. wished that you could share some of these with me now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooh yum! These look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a Lindor fan too and I'm soooo going to try these muffins!!

    Have a great week fellow chocoholic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love chocolate, I love bananas, I love muffins.
    perfect recipe:)

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.