Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Melted Marshmallow Hot Chocolate

For those nights where all you want to do is crawl up inside a blanket and drink a big cup of hot chocolate.



 
These days should be fewer and fewer as summer is fast approaching, but it will never end for me. It`s comforting like the old teddy bear you used to clutch at night (or in my case, the stuffed penguin with a nose that has been sewed back on too many times to count because my little self could not stop chewing it off). This is my teddy bear drink.




The thing is, many people I know have this notion that milk is really bad for you. So it seems I`m drinking it less and less. One of my teachers actually sent me to the site milksucks.com and this has made me now purchase organic milk. I can`t go off milk completely, I mean..dairy..it`s a food group, right? I suppose I could buy almond or soy. I may make the change later. But for now...



What you'll need:
Makes 1 drink

-1 tablespoon cocoa powder
-2 tablespoons white sugar
-4 teaspoons water
-1 cup milk
-2 tablespoons chocolate chips
-2 large marshmallows, cut into slivers
+whipped cream
+grated chocolate


Directions:

    1.   In a medium saucepan, combine cocoa, sugar, water, milk, chocolate chips and marshmallows on medium heat. Continually stir until the chocolate and marshmallows are completely melted
    2.   Pour into a mug and top with whipping cream and grated chocolate


You might also like:
Gingerbread Latte 
Pumpkin Spice Latte 

27 comments:

  1. Hot chocolate with marshmallows..very inviting ..slurp slurp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it it's so decadent! I cannot live without dairy.. But of course.. I'm Greek!
    Great to be here Cathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly how awesome is this hot choc. You know, I used to drink hot chocolate every.single.night before bed. I was devilish and added whipped cream too, and sometimes chocolate flakes likes yours.

    I really don't know how milk can be bad for you (and I don't want to go to that site neither in fear it changes my perception) I really enjoy milk and most dairy products. Then again, these days it seems like breathing is bad for us!

    -Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

    ReplyDelete
  4. So decadent and inviting ... Yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. This drink is something that does have a way of chasing the blues away. It brings to my mind some wonderful memories of my younger days and holiday time. Your version here looks to be something I would enjoy, no matter what time of year. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one Cathleen,
    I am a big milk drinker myself. Hot chocolate is my bring-it-on-anytime! I actually have meals of hot chocolate several times a week. For those people who say milk is bad for you, well let them have their opinion. If you want to know more about how good milk is for you and which is the best (and feel a little good about drinking milk!lol)go to the Weston A price foundation website..
    Cheers and happy hot-chocolating :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome presentation. looks really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I forget how wonderful hot chocolate is... I deny myself these pleasures and I want to say thank you for reminding me that there is nothing wrong with enjoying a cup of comfort and love. P.S. I don't know about the milk sucks thing, to me, it is essential for our bones and if we drink the right amount, there should be nothing wrong with that, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slurrppp..I want it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the best hot chocolate recipe I've ever seen!
    It's a keeper:DDD
    It looks so incredible, super delicious with the cocoa, and chocolate chips. Beautiful photos, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of my favourite drink....

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks so appetizing..perfectly done..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! I want a hot mugful now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chocolate and Marshmallows!!! Double delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If interested link in your best recipes @

    http://youtoocancookindianfood.blogspot.in/2012/04/collection-of-best-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome!!!!!!!!!this hot chocolate is sooooo tempting...divine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Lovely
    http://lavanyasrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I suppose you are right, who needs normal only chocolate hot chocolate right?
    I love the way you think!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  19. My god I am drooling here... Superb...

    Event: Dish name starts with L

    Regards
    Akila

    ReplyDelete
  20. that looks so inviting.. wish I could grab that glass .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I switched to Almond milk because I am lactose intolerant and milk has always sort of grossed me out. I think it would be fabulous with this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love one of those right now for breakfast; great presentation!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  23. I want a teddy bear drink! Even in the middle of summer...no time is a bad time for a glass of this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. never knew that milk is bad for us, quite suprised hearing that. Hot chocolate reminds me of those cold days abroad.. It's soooo hot here, i would probably need an iced hot chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. yumm...cute blog..if u wish lets follow each other..http://cutepinknpurple.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...