8 May 2012

Strawberry Muffins

I love strawberries. Love love love. With a capital L. The color, the flavor, the look of them. Can't get enough. But of course, when I get strawberries, I can't stop myself. I need to make me some strawberry roses.





I used to work at a bubble tea shop where I had to make crepes, and I would decorate them with strawberries shaped as roses, and load on the whipped cream and the chocolate syrup. Needless to say, those who were on a diet didn`t approve of these, but they ate them none the less. Something about these roses makes everything all that much more inviting.

 Weirdly I wasn`t all that wild about this muffins, but everyone else LOVED them. They were gone by the early evening. And it wasn`t like I made only 6 or something, I made quite a bit (since I`m always making somewhat small muffins. I like small things :D)

I just love strawberries so I go a little carried away and bought 3 packs of them, and I don`t know what to do with all of them! I guess I`m going to be baking again soon.





Adapted from AllRecipies.com
What you'll need:

-1/4 cup olive oil
-1/2 cup milk
-1 egg
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-2 tablespoons baking powder
-3/4 cup sugar
-1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
-1 1/4 cup strawberries, cut into cubes


Directions:

    1.   Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Line muffin pan with paper liners
    2.   In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, oil and milk
    3.   In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Slowly add the wet ingredients, mixing until fully incorporated. Fold in the strawberries
    4.   Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan, and bake for around 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean



You might also like:
Apple Pumpkin Muffins

27 comments:

  1. I am a strawberry addict also, love them any way I can get them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathleen, I've never had strawberries until I moved to the US. We didnt' really have them in the Philippines, unless they're from Baguio and they never even reached my hometown. I love strawberries too... I can't wait for the Farmer's Market to open here because all the ones I bought from the grocery store have been disappointing thus far. Love these muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathleen! What an adorable idea! I bet your customers loved this adorable touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathleen, the recipe sounds interesting with strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small muffins are so cute! These strawberriy muffins look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always go crazy too buying too many strawberries during the strawberry season. These muffins are truly the perfect cakes to bake for this season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. eating these strawberries muffins would be a nice way to start off the day! plus a couple of your strawberries flowers! nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the strawberries will water down the muffins but i can see that it will not. Bookmarked and thanks for sharing them Cathleen.

    Tickling Palates
    Event : Fruit Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  9. These little strawberries muffins must be yummy as I loves strawberries alot! Your strawberry rose is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have bookmarked this :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats I have awarded you some well deserved awards on my blog my friend :D
    Check them out here: http://gobakeyourself.wordpress.com/2012/05/09/the-revenge-of-the-chocolate/

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  12. the roses are so cute!.....nice muffins

    ReplyDelete
  13. Strawberry is one fruit which is a must have in my fridge.. These muffins look cute and loved the strawberry rose!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for commenting on my blog, cathleen. liked these strawberry muffins. even i get carried away when i see strawberries. all i do is have them plain or just have a strawberry smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me ,three ! hahahaha Love these muffins and your rose-shaped strawberry looks pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love strawberries and your strawberry rose :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Cathleen, strawberries are the weakness here also, but most of the time they are finished just like that without anything but little sour ones do need some help occassionaly....like your muffins & that strawberry rose....i use to carve flowers out of veggies lonnngggg time back(before marriage)...i have to try this one now....and thanks for stopping by my blog...will see u around.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love fresh strawberries in muffins, and will definitely give these delicious ones a try - in a smaller size, of course =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just had my first ever strawberry muffin yesterday, and it was SOOO good! I can't believe I've lived this long without eating one. So, I imagine these are divine, and now I have a recipe to try when the craving hits! Oh, and love the strawberry flowers, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't stop eating strawberries either lately and i am loving these as a fun snack!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Cathleen, the strawberry rose is awesome! Looks sexy :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What cute muffins! And the strawberry rose is adorable. Good luck finishing up those strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your adorable strawberry muffins, and it's also healthy at the same time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.