7 Jun 2012

Mini Oreo Cheesecake


What are these mini delights?

 
So I wanted cheesecake. I mean, who doesn't, right? The thing is, I wanted it NOW. No waiting, no going places in search of ingredients. I wanted it to be quick, simple and delicious. Just me and some cheesecake. Sounds like a perfect night. Maybe I'm asking too much.

And I think that this is the simplest it could have been done. 4 ingredients. Excellent. Of course, when it comes to cheesecake there is no way you can get it right away. You always need to chill it, unless you wanted warm mush that tastes a little like cheesecake. 

But of course, I couldn't keep my hands off the warm mush. The bowl that I was mixing all the ingredients in was practically all liked clean. And lots of the batter ended up being scooped into my mouth. No fault of my own, it's like my arms moved independent of my body. No controlling it.


BAM. What a delicious surprise.


But I have discovered a new love for anything frozen. Got some yogurt? Chocolate? Gummy bears? Put them in the freezer! Everything tastes better frozen!

After freezing these, they were very hard. Almost as though I were trying to take a bite though concrete. Since I am no naked mole rat, I could not possibly eat it right out of the freezer. I had to let them thaw a little before I could try its deliciousness. Maybe my freezer is broken.. I really hope not, that would ruin me. I love freezing things.



Mini Oreo Cheesecake
printable recipe


What you'll need:

-16 oreos
-2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
-1/2 cup sugar
-2 eggs


Directions

    1.   Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line muffin pans with paper liners.
    2.   Place an oreo in each of the paper liners.
    3.   Cream together the cream cheese and the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix well.
    4.   Spoon the batter onto each cookie, and bake for around 15 minutes, or until the center is almost set
    5.   Let cool and put in the freezer overnight.


You might also like:
Strawberry Lime Parfait 
Easy Mini Cherry Trifle 

25 comments:

  1. Cathleen , Cheese cake looks delicious. My hubby loves a lot.


    If you are interested you can link it to event going on in blog.
    Favorite recipes event: Cakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know exactly what you mean. I can barely wait when I start something sweet. Kinda like how I bake cupcakes then realise they have to cool before I can frost them. It's so cruel when they're sat there with that sweet aroma.

    These look awesome, Cathleen, and I'm totally digging how you've used Oreos at the bottom. I think I squealed just a little. Another to my 'to-do' list for sure! Thanks for sharing.

    -Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever, Cathleen! Cheesecake and Oreos together? Sounds (and looks) delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm cheesecake...just what I was craving for after my dinner..love the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. These look simple and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you got me here: simple and easy fix for cheesecake craving... definitely right up my alley!
    thanks,

    malou

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is really a sweet surprise..... Easy yet delicious....

    Event: Dish name starts with M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathleen, this is extremely awesome and tempting. A to die for kind of dessert. :) i love it, thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oreo and cheesecake; my two favourites! And it is good to make it in individual.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always wanted a cheesecake almost everyday ! lol Your recipe's so simple and easy that you can make this on a whim er if you're just craving for something calorific and divine ! Why don't you throw a piece of three of that over here ! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.. these look amazing, so simple, it would be so great for a kid's b'day party. Very nice job. Love that they are so mini.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your freezer is okay; I'd be lost without mine, too.

    And I've also had those moments where my body is acting independently of my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks delicious.. and simple

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous recipe. looks so mouthwatering.

    ReplyDelete
  15. fun and so easy to make a bit sweet for me though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look so cute!
    Have a nice weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tres cute! Thanks for your comment on my blog... now your newest happy follower! A :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. My brother's favorite "flavor" is oreo cheesecake! I am going to make this for him :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow! Look at these delicious looking mini oreo cheesecake! These will be great for my son's birthday party! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, these look so good! But I love frozen cheesecake. It's like a cheesecake flavored popsicle! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. These look sooooo delicious - I can imagine just munching through three or 4 in the blink of an eye :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  22. a quickie cheesecake..this is delighting!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so cute and lovely! I can easily try those. Cathlene, I am subscribing thru email. I don't like the idea of GFC because I do have a widget on my blog,too but I don't even know more than half of my followers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome! They look so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.