I did yoga today. Oh my goodness. I have never done yoga before, but since I've been hearing about how great it is, I decided to try it out for the first time. Actually, that's a lie. Way back when, someone came in to my highschool and made us all do yoga. And was I ever awful. I have no balance whatsoever. I think I even fell during child's pose. The girl who was teaching us said that she has never seen that happen.
And this time wasn't much better. I had no idea how hard yoga is! I was tumbling and fumbling everywhere. I'm definitely not strong enough for this. But I'll work on it, over the next few months. This is my attempt at living a healthier life. So what's the first thing I do after this exhausting morning?
Of course. Make cookies. How healthy, right?
It's a "what do I have in my cupboards that needs using?" kind of cookie. I found some butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and chocolate covered raisins. Well..what else was I supposed to do with them?
What you'll need:
-1 cup butter, melted
-1 cup white sugar
-1 cup brown sugar, packed
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-2 teaspoons hot water
-3 cups all-purpose flour
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-3/4 cup chocolate covered raisins
-3/4 cup butterscotch chips
-3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, dissolve the baking soda in the hot water. Add the baking soda mix to the sugar mix. Stir in the flour, salt, chocolate covered raisins, butterscotch chips and chocolate chips.
4. Scoop the batter onto an ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake for around 10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
You might also like:
Coconut Butterscotch Cookies
White Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes