30 Jul 2012

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies



Talk about fluffy cookies.


Looking in my fridge, I see two tubs of sour cream. TWO! One almost empty, and growing something green and smelly that I can pretty much assume is one of Shrek's offspring. But the other one: barely used! Almost about to expire. Well call me waste-nothing queen, I've got to use this stuff! (although, of course, I wasted what was left of the first sour cream tub. Hey, I'm not perfect)




Whenever I have some kind of miscellaneous ingredient that I need to use, I make cookies. It's always the excuse. "no, I'm not making cookies because I'm a sugar and dessert freak fanatic, it is because I need to use up *insert ingredient here*"

Even if I don't need to use up an ingredient..I'm thinking cookies will be on the menu anyways... Well I used some whole wheat flour, it should make up for all this cookie making (please humor me, I will love you forever if you do)




What you'll need:



-1/2 cup butter, melted
-1 cup white sugar
-1 cup brown sugar
-2 eggs
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 cup sour cream
-2 cups all purpose flour
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-2 1/2 cups chocolate chips


Directions:

    1.   Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
    2.   In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars. Add the vanilla, eggs and sour cream and mix well.
    3.   In a medium bowl, combine the flours, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chip.
    4.   Scoop the batter onto lightly sprayed baking sheets, and bake for around 15-18 minutes, or until the edges are golden. Transfer cookies to wire racks to let cool completely.


You might also like:
Chocolate Chip Cookies 
Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles 
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes 

36 comments:

  1. Need to bake cookies before the week is out ! lol Oh yeah , waste not want not :D Let see if that cookies are delicious , throw some of that over here first ! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. delicious looking cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love these cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very delicious and tempting clicks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that texture...looks so tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha loved your sense of humor!! Shrek's offspring!!!! :) Good one coming to the recipe its so crisp looking and sounds scrumptious :)

    ~Today's Recipe~Crispy corn flour onion pakoras
    You Too Can Cook Indian Food Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see that I will be gaining back the 8 pounds I just lost if I keep coming here. One of my favorite things is when sour cream gets put into baked goods. I just find that hard to resist. And here, into Choco cookies...the other thing I find hard to resist. This has been saved...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very nw to me.. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cookies look delicious. I'm glad you found a use for that tub of sour cream!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a great idea to use the sour cream! love it, definitely need to try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i used to bake with sour cream when i was baking some ina garten treats. i loved how my muffins would turn out and this post reminds me that i need to do that again!

    yes dear, i will humor you... :) using whole wheat in baked goods totally makes up for your cookie baking craze! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious chocolate chips cookies love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet blog. It looks like you love to bake. I bet I could "veganize" many of these recipes. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I buy sour cream (that doesn't happen very often) I never finish it completely :) good way to use it instead of letting it grow those greenish..things :)))

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like using sour cream in baking - it works well in place of buttermilk. These cookies look yummy - chocolate chip is always a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bet these woud make for some great whoopie pies! So moist and chocolatey delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i have sour cream in my fridge i need to use too! perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never use sour cream in my baking or cooking before. I was worried it might end up sour in the food. I guess I should try instead of the guessing what it might end up of the taste. You are making me craving in chocolate chips again........orh...... Is it crunchy?

    ReplyDelete
  19. using sour cream in cookies.. First time hearing it.. But cookies turned out beautifully..

    Event: Dish name starts with N

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Cathleen! It’s so nice to meet you! I love your humor and these cookies look so scrumptious! They’re already on my To Bake list for the weekend! I have some sour cream in the fridge. Better use it before it turns green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have not used sour cream to make chocolate chip cookies before. Yours look great with a nice and smooth texture.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love baking with sour cream, seems to make everything better! Way to go on the "use it up" before it's lost theory. I do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love sour cream! These cookies must be very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How come I have never seen sour cream in chocolate chip cookies before! Seems really good!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sour cream in cookies? Genius! They look so moist and fluffy :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  26. I always love a new recipe for chocolate chips. These sound wonderful! I can't wait to give them a try. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  27. These look great! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  28. what a clever way to use up sour cream. I am the same way, I hate to waste anything!

    ReplyDelete
  29. They look soft and pillowy and completely delicious! I'm going to use that excuse from now on! I need more cookies in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! Sour cream? That is so cool! They look so good.

    Amy



    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm the same way about leftover ingredients. Psh, I'm not making ANOTHER strawberry shortcake because I want to, it's because I have half a liter of heavy cream left...

    These cookies look so light and cakey! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think this was a great excuse to make cookies. Whole wheat? All the more reason!

    ReplyDelete
  33. well at least this time you hv already used almost half of the tub..maybe next time before my sour cream goes expire, i can make these :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those cookies look fluffy and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.