Friday, 17 August 2012
Braided Spaghetti Bread
Now remember how in my last post I made White Bread? Well I only made one loaf. This is what I did with the other half of the dough.
The thing is, I enjoy looking through food blogs. A lot. People are so creative. The other day, I saw this bread, and I immediately told myself: "I've got to make it. This is happening tonight." And it did. And it was good.
This, strangely, was the only reason I made the white bread the other day. But it turns out the white bread ROCKED, so I have no regrets.
When it was time to eat this bread of deliciousness, my mom complained that this was going to be a carb fest (not her exact words) but when she tried a slice, there was no denying that this was a fest that everyone should attend.
Adapted from recipe found here
What you'll need:
-1/2 recipe for white bread dough
-6 oz spaghetti, dry
-1 cup thick spaghetti sauce
-1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, cubed
-1 egg white
1. Make the white bread dough.
2. Bring a large saucepan full of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti in the boiling water until al dente.
3. Drain the noodles and let cool slightly.
4. Roll out the bread dough and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce with the cooked spaghetti. Place the spaghetti mixture in the centre of the dough running lengthwise. Top with the cubed cheese
6. Cut strips 1 1/2 inches apart along the long sides of the dough to within 1/2 inch of the filling.
7. Begin braid by folding the bottom strips towards the filling, then braid the strips left over right until you reach the end, then tuck the last strip under the braid.
8. Brush the top with the egg white, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and italian seasoning.
9. Bake at 350˚F for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
You might also like:
Onion and Mizithra Cheese Bread
Spaghetti a la Homer