20 Sep 2012
Marble Cream Cheese Brownie
I have been oogling and googling marble brownies for the longest time, but have never made them.
Until now! Sadly, it doesn't really look too much like a marble topping. I got a little too enthusiastic with swirling the top. I even used 2 knives. This is why most people try their best to keep knives away from me. I get too excited.
I rarely buy cream cheese. But when I do, I always plan on making something with it. I have these grand ideas of making cheesecake, muffins, cupcakes...But they never pan out. I always end up leaving the cream cheese in the fridge, and it doesn't get used, until I find that it has expired. Sigh.
This ALMOST happened to this. Almost. I found it a few days before it expired. And I knew right away what I had to do with it.
Warning. These are pretty rich. And you will not be able to stop eating them. You will keep shoveling them in your mouth (preferably with a shovel) until they are gone. Well, at least that's what happened to me..
What you'll need:
For the brownie
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
-1 cup white sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
-1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon salt
For the cream cheese marble
-1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
-1/3 cup white sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Lightly spray an 8x8 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, beat together the vegetable oil, 1 cup white sugar, vanilla and 2 eggs until fully combined. Mix in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt until fully incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1 egg and 1/3 cup sugar until smooth.
4. Pour the brownie batter in the prepared pan, and dollop the cream cheese mixture over top. Using a knife, swirl the two batters together.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
You might also like:
Vegan Chocolate Maple Syrup Muffins
Eggless Ovaltine Cake