21 Oct 2012

Strawberry Cranberry Smoothie



You know that I bought too many cranberries when all my smoothies are somehow loaded with these left-over frozen cranberries that I bought for thanksgiving. I should really celebrate another thanksgiving next month. You know, like the rest of America.

Instead I made this. I have got to say though, I have grown to love adding frozen cranberries into my smoothies. This way, it is thicker without having to water this drink down with ice cubes. It is a definite win in my books: perfect when you want a quick and easy treat.






What you'll need:

-1 cup strawberries, fresh and cut into quarters
-1/2 cup cranberries, frozen
-1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
-1/4 cup milk



Directions:

   1.   Combine all ingredients in a blender, and puree until smooth. 


You might also like:
Peach Cranberry Mint Tea Smoothie
Cranberry Lime Smoothie
Strawberry Smoothie

20 comments:

  1. Strawberry and cranberries with yoghurt sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathleen , another yummy and healthy concoction ! Love it ! The color looks so gorgeous .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love yogurt and this smoothie with all these fruits is simply irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a healthy and delicious smoothie to keep you going :D

    Cheers
    CCU

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cranberries and strawberries sounds good! Don't have any sadly :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks so tasty... i gotta get a blender one of these days! or wonder if i can use my immersion blender!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This must have such a great sweet/tart kick to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious and healthy looking smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy delicious smoothie Nobody can say no to this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cranberries! I have yet to use them in a smoothie. Great idea! So excited for the holidays to get here so I can get my hands on some.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice...what lovely colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have some frozen cranberries right now! So do you think I should make this? ;-) This sounds terrific. Gorgeous color, and I love the overhead shot. Good stuff - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, I think smoothies are a perfect way to use up fruits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the color of this, it would make it taste twice as good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that smoothie looks so good!

    Would you like to take part in my giveaway?
    Go here: http://manjuseatingdelights.blogspot.com/2012/10/giveaway-checkerboard-cake-pan-set.html

    Regards,
    Manju
    http://manjuseatingdelights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the strawberry cranberry smoothie and the color in that first photograph is spectacular! Love the tanginess of the cranberries!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love smoothies and make them almost every morning! Fresh and delicious!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.