Saturday, 3 November 2012

Mint Chocolate Ice Cream




The other night, when I was getting ready to go to sleep, I looked in the mirror to see some bloodshot eyes staring back at me.

No, it wasn't Halloween, it was me. Staying up too late as usual. Well I tried going to sleep, but nothing was working. I was tossing and turning like crazy. So what did I do?

Made ice cream of course! Mint chocolate to be precise, because it's getting closer to christmas. Since I have not made anything halloween themed, I need to make up for that in the weeks leading up to christmas :)





What you'll need:

-2 cups 2% milk
-2 cups coffee cream (18%)
-1 cup white sugar
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 teaspoon peppermint extract
-1 cup chocolate chips
+green gel food coloring


Directions:

    1.   In a large bowl, mix together the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla and peppermint until the sugar is dissolved. Color with a small amount of the food coloring.
    2.   Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions. About 5 minutes before the ice cream is done, add in the chocolate chips. When the ice cream is done, pour into a airtight container and freeze for at least 2 hours.


You might also like:
Healthy Peanut Butter and Banana Ice Cream
Lemon Sorbet 
Easy Ice Cream Cake

20 comments:

  1. Delicious mint chocolate ice cream. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mint chocolates are one of my most favourite things so it goes without saying that I'd love this mint chocolate ice cream too. Perfect amount of green food colour too. Can you taste the coffee in it? (I dislike coffee).

    - Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm....the mint lovers in my family would go nuts for your ice cream! Picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to remember that the next time I can't sleep: make ice cream! :) Love the color of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know, i didn't appreciate mint chip ice cream until a few years ago, and now i'm addicted. i think you may be swaying me to get an ice cream maker and start making my own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was one of my favorite flavors as a kid. This looks like a tasty recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo..very resfreshing taste. I love mint choc ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, I hope you`re getting your rest.

    This mint chocolate ice cream looks amazing! It`s definitely my favorite ice cream flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so refreshing!! Mint and chocolate chip does go really well together...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect ice cream combo :)

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mint and chocolate is such a great combo! It's nice anytime, although as you point out we're coming into its season. Good job - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cathleen! Paying you a visit back. You have great recipes here. Will explore more soon. I'm excited about home made ice-cream but haven't had the opportunity to try yet. I'm not a fan of mint ice-cream and I guess I can leave out the peppermint extract :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely one of my favorite ice creams! What a great looking scoop of deliciousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so you made this in the middle of the night?! if im there, i would wake up and join you in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is still warm here so this ice cream is perfect while the weather still permits it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah! Another midnight cook! It is good to know I am not the only person who cooks their way through the odd sleepless night - and what a result! This icecream sounds delicious, Cathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nothing like a scoop or three of ice cream to perk you up ! :D Delicious and pretty ice cream , Cathleen ! I don't like mint flavor but I just love the color ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. My boyfriend is going to love me forever when I make this for him!! Awesome recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A classic flavour that never goes out of style in my house. A favorite always

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mint chocolate is my favorite ice cream flavor. This is calling my name!
    Erin @ Wholly Delicious Dishes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...