11 Dec 2012

Chili White Hot Chocolate



How have I never heard of National Cocoa day??? Apparently it is on December 13th. I'm so ready for it.

Cocoa is one of my favorite drinks and a definite must for the holidays. You know the feeling: when you sit down and drink a steaming hot cup of cocoa and you can feel the warmth spreading all across your body. To me, that right there feels like Christmas.




Now although this is not quite hot cocoa, it definitely hits the spot. I have been buying and drinking so much white hot chocolate recently, that I thought "why don't I make it myself?"

Reaching for my bottle of cinnamon, I accidentally reach for my almost empty bottle of chili powder. Whatever, let's dump this into the saucepan too. And I'm glad I did. This makes for the perfect kick.





Makes 1 large drink
Ingredients:

-1 3/4 cup whole milk
-5 tablespoons white chocolate chips
-1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon chili powder
+whipped cream


Directions:

    1.   Place the white chocolate in a medium metal bowl over a pan of simmering water. When the chocolate is melted, mix in the chili powder and cinnamon.
    2.   Mix in the milk gradually, stirring until hot (do not allow to boil). Pour into a mug and top with whipping cream.


You might also like:
 Melted Marshmallow Hot Chocolate
Maple Hot Chocolate 
Mexican Coffee 

13 comments:

  1. Hi, cute blog! I'm a new follower, and hope you can follow me back.
    Thanks,
    Gina

    http://beautyloveandlipgloss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice drink, what with chilli powder and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sure sounds like its got kick. Never would have imagined chilli and chocolate to go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tagged you in my 11!

    http://medejos.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/zaidziame-11-playing-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! can't wait to try it-- a little spice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen spiced up dark chocolate before but never white! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How unique! Love it. Would probably be good with a dash of rum as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice kick with the chili powder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well , Lindt has this chili chocolate ( dark choco though ) so I'm sure your own concoction must taste wonderful :D Sure looks delicious ! Great for cold winter days ....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a touch of chili powder in chocolate - it seems to enhance the flavor for some reason. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds interesting ^^ never had chili powder in any of my drinks before.. but looks like a quite a few who commented have tried it and liked it ^^ perhaps i should pluck up my courage to try some ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! What a yummy recipe for hot chocolate. I did not know there was cocoa day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so cold and dreary here today I would love a mug of this right now.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.