Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Pumpkin Gingerbread



Call me a late bloomer, but I have no idea how I missed the fall pumpkin craze. Fall is one of my favorite months because of all the pumpkin flavors. But it's better late than never, right?




So I made up for my lack of pumpkin infused foods, I made one full loaf, and 8 mini loaves. The mini ones were my favorite, they are super cute!




This, to me, feels as if I am eating pumpkin bread mixed with gingerbread cookies. So if there's anyone out there that wants to fuse together the best holiday treats into one, I would definitely recommend making this.






What you'll need:

-2 cups white sugar
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 cup vegetable oil
-4 eggs
-2/3 cup water
-1 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
-2 teaspoons ground ginger
-1 teaspoon ground allspice
-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1 teaspoon ground cloves
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
-2 teaspoons baking soda
-1 1/2 teaspoons salt
-1/2 teaspoon baking powder


Directions:

    1.   Preheat the oven to 325˚F. Lightly spray two loaf pans. 
    2.   In a large bowl, combine the sugars, oil and eggs. Beat the mixture until smooth. Mix in the water and pumpkin until fully incorporated.
    3.   In a medium bowl, combine the flours, ginger, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, salt and baking powder until fully mixed. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, slowly mixing until fully incorporated.
    4.   Pour the batter into pans, and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.


You might also like:
 Maple Oatmeal Banana Bread
 Ginger Muffins
Apple Pumpkin Muffins





22 comments:

  1. Yum. Nothing so comforting as pumpkin bread and a cup of hot tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathleen! I could eat pumpkin bread all day long. It's so seasonal, warm and comforting! And those little loaves are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look super delicious and comforting. Love pumpkin anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathleen,

    It is never too late to bake something that you like... but definitely sad if you miss it. I like your mini loaves. They look very cute :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine Christmas without something gingerbread. I can almost smell your gingerbread.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So moist and delicious looking! A great combo.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to indulge in this :)

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so beautifully moist. Love the flavours of the spices...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a firm believer that pumpkin season goes all through winter! Delicious looking loaf here - love all the spices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks so delicious! i'll take a slice ah:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello! need a piece of this bread in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love pumpkin bread! I'll have to use my mini loaf pan next time because the mini loaves you made look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love anything "mini" and these little loaves look adorable and delicious. Gingerbread and pumpkin together sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pumpkin bread is such a nice change from all of the desserts I see with pumpkin. Great seasonings - this sounds terrific. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anything spiced with ginger has my name all over it. This looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum!! This Pumpkin Gingerbread looks just divine!! We are sure it tasted delicious too and oh so festive!

    What a lovely blog you have here! As fellow foodies, we can't wait to read more! New follower here :)

    Chloe & Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Cathleen, your pumpkin gingerbread look excellent. Love the texture as it's so soft and moist. It sure smell lovely with cinnamon and cloves.

    Have a lovely week ahead,regards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ginger and pumpkin are two of my most favorite flavors of all time! Love this quickbread!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Late bloomer ?! lol Better late than never .... Your pumpkin gingerbread looks really yummy ! Those mini loaves are just adorably cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. you know i've never had gingerbread before. I'm not sure if i will try to make them this year..the texture of your gingerbread looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love those cute mini loaves!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...