Wednesday, 16 January 2013
Marble Greek Yogurt Brownie
I have suddenly gone on a greek yogurt kick. You can do so much with it: healthier cheesecake, delicious smoothies, and now I present you the marble greek yogurt brownie.
Seriously, everywhere I use cream cheese I now use greek yogurt. Heck, I may even start putting it on my bagels!
Hmmm.. too far? No, I think I'll just stick to replacing it in my baking. For now..
What you'll need:
-3/4 cup butter, softened
-2 oz dark chocolate
-1/3 cup cocoa powder
-2 cups white sugar
-1/2 banana, mashed
-1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
-1 cup plain Greek yogurt
-1 teaspoon honey
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a square 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stiring occasionally. Once melted, turn off heat and whisk in the cocoa until fully combined.
3. Beat in the eggs, banana, sugar, vanilla, flour and salt until fully incorporated. Pour into the prepared pan.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, honey and vanilla. Spoon the mixture on top of the brownie batter, and using a butter knife, swirl the yogurt mixture into the brownie batter.
5. Bake for around 1 hour or until the edges are set. Remove from the oven and let cool for 1 hour before transferring to the fridge to set.
You might also like:
Marble Cream Cheese Brownie
Greek Yogurt Raspberry Cheesecake