Sunday, 13 January 2013
Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins
Yesterday was one of the best days of my life.
Why? Because I went skiing for the first time in my life. Everyone thinks this is extremely weird because I live in BC. There are mountains everywhere, and they are gorgeous.
I took a 2 hour lesson, which consisted of skiing on a pretty much flat patch of snow with a slight, SLIGHT slope, but it still felt like I was flying down it. It was sort of like learning to drive.
Went I finally went on an actual hill, I fell of the ski lift getting off, then on the way down, fell a LOT. But after the first time, I could go down with only falling a couple of times,
We got there at 9AM, and we could stay until 10PM, but I was SO sore. But I am definitely going again. I thought I would hate it because I hate the cold so much. But I felt so warm the whole time, I was even taking my gloves and jacket off.
Now I am so sore, I need to do something to relax me. And what better to do then bake muffins? Banana and Nutella: the match made in heaven.
What you'll need:
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-2 overripe bananas, mashed
-3/4 cup white sugar
-1 egg, beaten
-1/3 cup oil
-10 teaspoons nutella
1. Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Line muffin pan with 10 paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together the bananas, sugar, egg and oil with an electric mixture.
3. Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture, and mix with a spatula until fully combined.
4. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Spoon one teaspoon of Nutella on top of each muffin, and swirl in with a knife.
5. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
You might also like:
Nutella Mug Cake
Chocolate Filled Banana Muffins
Nutella Banana Crepe