I know, right? What is wrong with me? It made my heart jump for joy at seeing all the produce and products they have! All those ingredients on my grocery list that I have been searching far and wide for are in this one convenient store. How handy!
While strolling through the bakery, I saw their giant baked goods, all of which made my mouth water. That is where I saw the most drool-worthy pecan squares I have ever seen. I knew right there and then that I needed to recreate them at home.
After making these pecan squares, I don't know if I'd ever want another dessert in my life. These were so good, that when I tried hiding them from myself in the fridge, I would end up walking over there without thinking to grab another square.
You'd think I would regret making these a week before I'm going to Mexico where I will be in a swim suit pretty much 24/7, but these were too good for me to care. Bikinis be damned, just pass me another pecan square!
What you'll need:
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-2/3 cup icing sugar
-3/4 cup butter
-1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
-1/2 cup honey
-2/3 cup butter
-3 tablespoons milk
-3 1/2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Lightly spray an 11x7 baking dish.
2. Combine flours, icing sugar and 3/4 cup butter in a food processor and pulse to mix until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
3. Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Let cool.
4. In a medium saucepan, melt the brown sugar, honey, 2/3 cup butter and milk, and allow to boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in pecans. Pour mixture over crust.
5. Bake at 350˚F for 25-30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
You might also like:
Pecan Rolo Pretzel Bites
Cream Cheese Banana Pecan Bread
Raspberry Streusel Bars