Sunday, 27 October 2013
Chocoate Chip Cashew Cookies
I was about to buy pumpkin. I really was. But then I walked down the nut aisle, and I saw the cashews.
I must admit, whenever I see cashews, I forget about most other things. I suddenly wanted to make some sweet and salty cookies. Some sweet and salty cookies with cashews in it.
Since I'm going to do my two week practicum tomorrow teaching high school math, I needed to de-stress with some baking.
And stress eating. Seriously, I don't think these cookies will last until morning. They are that good.
What you'll need:
-1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 up butter, softened
-3/4 cup white sugar
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2 cups chocolate chips
-1 cup cashews, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flours and baing soda.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix well.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until fully combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and cashews.
5. Drop the cookie dough onto ungreased baking sheets and bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for around 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.