This is only my second fudge recipe that I have ever made, and already I'm in love.
The first time I made fudge was right after halloween, when I had so many tootsie rolls left from the lack of kids coming to my house. That tootsie roll fudge was fantastic though, so I don't know why it took me so long to make something else fudge.
But now the wait is over! I present to you the fudge that should be called "once you eat one, you will want to devour the whole tray fudge."
Because that was the problem with me. And my sister. I'm not ashamed to say that we would have a fudge eating fest for breakfast when we woke up. Okay, maybe a little ashamed..
I was going to make these for when my boyfriend arrived. He was supposed to be here on the night of Valentine's day, but he missed his flight by 2 minutes. Well, didn't really miss his flight, he was supposed to get to the airport 45 minutes before the plane took off, and he got there 43 minutes before. Talk about bad luck.
So he needed to pay $200 more to fly in 2 days later.
And you cannot keep fudge in this house for 2 days. It's just not possible. So I'll make it up to him by making him a kick-ass cake. I will post it later, but I assure you, it will be AWESOME.
Adapted from Bakers Royale
What you'll need:
-1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
-10 Oreos, chopped
-1 cup white chocolate chips
-2 tablespoons butter
-1 cup chocolate chips
1. Split the condensed milk in half, and set aside.
2. Line an 8x8 pan with aluminum foil.
3. Boil 5 cups of water and pour into a medium bowl.
4. Place the white chocolate chips, butter and half of the condensed milk in a smaller bowl and place into the bowl full of water. Mix until the mixture is smooth, making sure not to let the water mix with the chocolate mixture. Fold in the Oreos, and pour into the prepared pan.
5. Place the chocolate chips into a smaller bowl, and place in the bowl of hot water. Mix until the mixture is smooth. Pour onto the Oreo layer, and refrigerate for around 1 hour to set.
6. Remove from the refrigerator and peel the foil away. Cut into squares.