Friday, 28 February 2014

Peanut Butter Granola




I don't know what it is about breakfast that makes me so gosh darn happy.

I remember some days when I was younger, it felt like I never wanted to wake up at all had it not been for the glorious breakfast food that was being prepared downstairs. Ah childhood. Those were the days...




But now when I'm waking up at 6:30 in the morning, and leaving the house at 7:30, it's almost impossible to make elaborate breakfasts, let alone eat them.

I mean, who wouldn't want bacon every morning? If only it could be Sunday morning every morning..




But a bowl full of yogurt and this granola sprinkled on top is almost as good. Actually, if I were given the option of either the yogurt and granola combo and some bacon, I am pretty sure I would go for the granola combo. It's really THAT GOOD.




This granola is so good that I've needed to hide it from myself to stop myself from eating it in one sitting. I mean, who could resist the peanut butter and honey combo? Obviously I can't.




Peanut Butter Granola
printable recipe 

Adapted from: Table for Two Blog
What you'll need:

-4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
-4 tablespoons honey
-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2 cups rolled oats


Directions:

    1.   Preheat the oven to 320˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
    2.   Place the peanut butter and honey in a medium bowl, and microwave for 20-30 seconds. Mix them together until smooth. Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla.
    3.   Add in the oats, and mix until the oats are coated with the mixture.
    4.   Spread the oat mixture on the prepared baking sheet, and bake for around 17 minutes. Let cool.
    5.   Store in an airtight container.

24 comments:

  1. I am a morning person, so breakfast is very important for me. This granola sounds like a perfect breakfast with some yogurt or buttermilk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathleen , love it , yummy , thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious.. peanut butter and granola for breakfast.. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What incredible granola my friend, I want it for breakfast asap :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome. I have oatmeal at work in the morning so may give this a try instead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be a great way to start the day, looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Granola & PB are my two favorite foods :) Perfect combo!
    Melissa @ Nourish By Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing beats peanut butter and it gets even more amazing once you mix it with cinnamon and honey. A bowl of you granola is truly the perfect way to start off the day :D
    -Abeer @ www.cakewhiz.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peanut butter? It must be good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Granola and peanut butter are two of my very favorite things! This granola would make my morning yogurt so much more delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  11. A delicious and healthy way to kick start the day and of course I happen to love both...the granola and peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how simple this recipe is, I could whip up a batch of granola in minutes! I love my granola in the morning, thanks for sharing a new version I can try! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This granola sounds so good, especially to this peanut butter fanatic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cathleen,

    This will be a great breakfast before a run. It is fully loaded with energy and flavors! :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a happy breakfast! It would definitely get me out of bed in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, this really looks delicious! I think I'd put it in a little bag and eat handfuls of it at work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just had dental work today so the crunch of this scares me. I look again after my mouth heals. GREG

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a huge breakfast person too, and I love how delicious and simple this granola looks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My kids would love this... and so would I!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the simplicity of this. And true to the oats! Can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love granola on top of yogurt!! I look forward to eating yogurt so I can eat the granola. LOL. I have yet to make it at home though. This needs to be changed!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just finished my last batch of pb granola, but I actually like it better with almond butter. You should try that sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am finally back in the world of blogging, and I decided to post this up as the first recipe after my "home coming" bloggery. It came out deliciously toasted and crunchy! Thanks for the recipe, I linked my recipe to your website of course :)
    http://julesthenorweegie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/peanut-butter-granola.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...