12 Jun 2014

Vanilla Bean Paste



This was made because I have never tried vanilla bean paste, and I somehow couldn't justify buying a jar myself.

So whenever I would see vanilla bean paste on a recipe that I really wanted to make, I would just pout and not make it.  Because I thought that there was some vanilla bean recipe club and I wasn't invited. Even though it's really my fault I wasn't making these recipes. My irrational brain forgot that the quickest fix to start making these recipes is to actually buy a jar of the stuff.




Or is it??

I am always super excited to see a recipe for something that would be quicker to actually make  at home than going out to the store to buy it. So you couldn't imagine my delight to find this recipe for vanilla bean paste. Because I had all of the ingredients in my house. All three ingredients!

You will be sure to see more vanilla bean paste recipes to come. Possibly (but most probably) in cookie form!




Vanilla Bean Paste
printable recipe


What you'll need:

-6 vanilla beans
-1 tablespoon + 1 tsp pure vanilla bean extract
-1/2 cup agave nector


Directions:
  1. Place all of the ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until smooth.
  2. Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the vanilla mixture over it. Press the vanilla bean pulp to get as much liquid out. Pour the vanilla bean paste into a sealable jar.

Recipe from Desserts with Benefits

19 comments:

  1. Wait...it's that easy?! Hell girl, that's awesome :D Thanks for sharing this recipe, I have done the same as you with the whole avoidvanillabeanpasterecipes for the same reasons, but now... now I might have to hunt me down some vanilla pods!

    I hope you have an awesome Thursday :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had no idea it was that easy. Definitely no excuses for buying it in a jar anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get enough of vanilla and especially love the paste, I use it in all my baking! Love how simple this recipe is, might have to try making my own soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never actually used vanilla bean paste before and now I'm curious about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never even realised that you can make vanilla bean paste yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love vanilla bean Cathleen, do you mean to put the whole vanilla bean in the food processor or to scrape out the seeds and put in food processor. Will be making this. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole bean in. But you will strain it out after, so you don't need to worry about eating the pod :)

      Delete
  7. Dude, awesome or what? I love vanilla bean paste, it’s awesome! I’ll have to have a shot at making it. However, my Neilen Massey’s vanilla bean paste is thick, as in really thick. How does this compare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not very thick. I'm eyeing this recipe if you want to make a thicker version (I may try making it soon and post how it turns out!):
      http://foodzeit.blogspot.ca/2013/10/how-to-make-self-made-vanilla-paste.html

      Delete
  8. I've always wondered how to make your own! this is fabulous!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I've ever heard of vanilla bean pasta before, but I bet it makes everything that you put it in taste magical! I can't wait your your cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super simple but I'm sure out-of-this-world delicious! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a terrific idea! I never, ever thought of making my own vanilla paste, but I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I didn't realize it was that easy to make it at home - love this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet treat, Cathleen! You're making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had no idea it was so easy to make at home - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know that I've ever seen a recipe calling for vanilla bean paste!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, I would just substitute with vanilla extract whenever I saw vanilla bean paste! But, whoa!!! I totally did not know it was so simple to make at home. I need to make this and vanilla sugar!!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.