Monday, 21 July 2014

4 Ingredient Chocolate Mug Cake



I have been MIA for a while. This is because I am currently on a road trip and have been at a cabin with no internet access for the past while. The only reason that I am writing to you now is by making my phone a hot spot. Oh the joys of technology.




The cabin is gorgeous. It is on the lake, and we go swimming everyday because it is So. Freaking. Hot. Which is nice...until you want to bake something.

Thank goodness for the microwave oven.




This cake was born from not wanting to make the kitchen hot, and not wanting to to have a lot of dessert. Mug cakes are my newest obsession. And when I have an obsession, I go all out.




As a warning, this mug cake isn't as sweet as my eggless chocolate mug cake, or my microwave brownie in a cup, so if you want a sweeter dessert, try either one of those, or add more sugar to this. Or you could even make a frosting for this cake. As for me, I am fine with cakes..sweet or not.

This is a great way to satisfy your chocolate tooth..with only 4 ingredients! Mug cakes are my new favorite thing to do during the summer months.





4 Ingredient Chocolate Mug Cake
printable recipe


What you'll need:
  • 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 3 1/2 tablespoons skim milk
  • 3 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Directions:
  1. Place the chocolate chips and milk in a microwave safe mug. Microwave for 30-35 seconds, then stir with a fork until the chocolate is completely melted. If the chocolate is not yet melted, microwave for an additional 15 seconds and mix again. 
  2. Add in the flour and baking powder, and mix until fully combined. Microwave for 1 minute, and see if it's done. If not, continue to microwave in thirty second intervals.



Adapted from Kirbie Cravings

12 comments:

  1. Sounds great and the kitchen stayed cool and you satisfied dessert. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This is awesome because it's only 4 ingredients and doesn't involve any weird measurements like so many mug cakes. I'm going to veganize this by using almond milk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathleen, I see you are at it again! I have been meaning to try your mug cakes but somehow I stopped myself because I knew I would be on to something dangerous. hah..hah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathleen , what a great way to satisfy your chocolate craving , thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the idea of making small portion of dessert...thanks for the inspiration Cathleen!
    Enjoy your week :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg...swimming in a lake sounds so beautiful!!! Can`t say no to a mug cake, right? :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Resourceful AND very tasty-looking, Cathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. delicious! Enjoy your vacation Cathleen =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea for a mug cake, delicious and indulgent :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has been ages since I last had a mug cake. Have to make this soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...