I have been MIA for a while. This is because I am currently on a road trip and have been at a cabin with no internet access for the past while. The only reason that I am writing to you now is by making my phone a hot spot. Oh the joys of technology.
The cabin is gorgeous. It is on the lake, and we go swimming everyday because it is So. Freaking. Hot. Which is nice...until you want to bake something.
Thank goodness for the microwave oven.
This cake was born from not wanting to make the kitchen hot, and not wanting to to have a lot of dessert. Mug cakes are my newest obsession. And when I have an obsession, I go all out.
As a warning, this mug cake isn't as sweet as my eggless chocolate mug cake, or my microwave brownie in a cup, so if you want a sweeter dessert, try either one of those, or add more sugar to this. Or you could even make a frosting for this cake. As for me, I am fine with cakes..sweet or not.
This is a great way to satisfy your chocolate tooth..with only 4 ingredients! Mug cakes are my new favorite thing to do during the summer months.
4 Ingredient Chocolate Mug Cake
What you'll need:
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 1/2 tablespoons skim milk
- 3 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Place the chocolate chips and milk in a microwave safe mug. Microwave for 30-35 seconds, then stir with a fork until the chocolate is completely melted. If the chocolate is not yet melted, microwave for an additional 15 seconds and mix again.
- Add in the flour and baking powder, and mix until fully combined. Microwave for 1 minute, and see if it's done. If not, continue to microwave in thirty second intervals.
Adapted from Kirbie Cravings