Just like I promised. Yet another granola recipe.
Call me predictable, call me obsessed, I just know what I like, and right now, I am liking granola. A lot.
This recipe is courtesy of my boyfriend's mom. When I tried her granola, I wanted the recipe right away. Which is totally unlike me. I am not one to ask for recipes unless I know that I'm going to be making it at least 5 times.
And I predict this granola recipe to be a regular in my breakfast rotation.
I have never made sweet and salty granola before, but now that I have, I don't want to try anything else. And the CLUSTERS that this granola makes. Gahh, I can eat them all day long.
Now don't expect to see many more granola recipes in the near future. I'm not sure if I will get tired of this one any day soon.
Sweet and Salty Coconut Vanilla Bean Granola
What you'll need:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- Preheat the oven to 300˚F
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, almonds, coconut, raisins, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat the honey until melted, around 20 seconds. Mix in the coconut oil until it is melted. Mix in the vanilla until fully combined
- Pour the wet ingredients in with the oat mixture until the mixture is evenly coated.
- Spread evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- Allow to cool completely, then break into pieces. Store in an airtight container